Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Running Timpanogos

I stared up at the Timpanogos ridge line not too long ago and realized there is so much of it that I have not explored. I called up a couple friends that I knew would be down to help me remedy my situation. Parker had been up to the summit earlier in the week and Josh had been trapped at home with a heavy homework load, so I figured we would make a good team.

I had been itching to shoot some trail running photos so we met at the trail head fairly early to try for some good light. I had borrowed a lens from Parker that I wasn't used to and messed up a bunch of photos. We made good time and it wasn't long before we were in the alpine. I made them stop periodically and run back and forth until I captured something I was happy with.

These shots are the few that turned out. I shot over 300 photos so I would say it was a bust, but all it takes is one photo to make shooting worth it for me. Not to mention that photography is now pushing me to get out and do something different and new. We hit the ridge after about three hours and started our traverse toward Bomber Peak. After shooting a few photos we hit our turn around time. Josh took off so he could make it to work as Parker and I trotted our way back to the car. All in all it was a fun and successful outing. I hope to get up high again before we get too much snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment