Monday, May 6, 2013

Little Cottonwood

As I begin to let go of winter objectives I am beginning to remember what I love about longer days and warmer temperatures. Eric Montandon and I got out for our first Little Cottonwood route of the season. We decided to hop on Perhaps, a pretty mellow 5.7. I have done the route before, but I forgot that the entire second pitch requires almost constant underclinging. A move that is extremely difficult for me because of a motorcycle accident which broke both of my arms when I was 14. 

Regardless of my handicap it is a spectacular route. I even found myself enjoying the uncomfortable underclings. Eric lead both pitches and did really well. He unfortunately had to fight an excessive amount of rope drag as he finished the route, but he handled it like a champ. We rappelled down over the top of another LCC classic called the "Green Adjective". We each took a lap on that before calling it a night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment