Sunday, July 8, 2012

A Maple Day Trip

 
We have been talking about getting out with Forrest and Caroline for a long time and it finally happened. We met up early and piled into Neena's Subaru and headed south. I had been wanting to take Neena up a certain route in Maple since she started climbing. Haji Rock is not home to the best climbing in the canyon, but it might be home to the best view. 

It ended up being an amazing day of climbing. Forrest and Caroline were a blast and we all were able to get our fill of climbing. I finished the day with a climb that kicked my butt. Every other time I have been to Maple it has been reasonably cool, this was the first day climbing in the heat of summer and it got exponentially harder. I got spanked! I finished the climb with an awkward slippery mantle and I was struggling. I could feel my fingers slowly sliding as I finally made the last clip.



No comments:

Post a Comment