Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Rainier Journal: Day One


I woke up nervous this morning worried that I didn't have everything ready. All kinds of little questions ran through my mind as I lay there. I finally got up and headed out the door. The only interaction I had with the four guys I would be spending the next ten hours with was by email. I wasn't sure what to expect. Luckily we all got a long great and had a fun drive up. The hours ticked by slowly but we eventually rounded a bend and saw Rainier on the horizon... I was the only one awake at that point and I thought we would be there pretty quick. I just didn't realize how a giant lone volcano on the horizon can be pretty deceptive. We were still a couple hours away.

I am now alone in my tent in Rainier National Park. My long time goal of climbing this unique summit is close at hand. Tomorrow the eight of us (Darren, me, Slasher, Brandon, Travis, Dave, Josh, and Katie) will head to the base of the mountain.

No comments:

Post a Comment