Tuesday, April 19, 2011

They exploded... My legs did...


Three miles into a 14 mile team time trial I felt like I was going to die. I couldn't get enough air and my legs felt like stiff chunks of wood that I couldn't will to move faster. Boom! I exploded. I sagged off the back yelling an apology. This was my first race experience this year. Maybe I shouldn't have gone snowboarding the entire day previous... nah, it was worth it. I ended up not racing the road race in the afternoon either because I knew it wouldn't have gone well.

This got me motivated to get my butt in shape. Right now I am a fatty. People always get mad at me when I say that but I know I am not morbidly obese. Obviously I don't mean I am rolling around choking down a ham every day, struggling with self esteem issues, and terrified of taking my shirt off . I am just fatter than I normally am and it totally killed my race performance.

No comments:

Post a Comment