Saturday, February 20, 2010

Riding out the hurt


I opened my eyes this morning as my alarm sounded and I felt great... Then I went to lift my head and that great "good morning" feeling left and I slumped back into my pillow to wallow for a few minutes in my soreness. Yesterday, a group of us went and hit the jump Shelby and I built this past Monday. I don't know exactly what has been going on this year but I have been having a hard time landing anything. The day was filled with slam, after slam, after slam. I should be able to put up some of the footage here in a little while but as of right now you will just have to imagine what it was like.

I think I am going to have to take the whole experience from yesterday and just call it practice. You can't win them all. After we headed down the canyon we pretty much went straight to the local rec center for a visit to the hot tub and steam room to try to fix all the lumps we had taken.

So today Uriel and I decided to try to work some of the lactic acid out of our muscles. There was a little bit of fresh out there to be had and after downing some ibuprofen we took some runs. These pictures are of today and our feeble attempts to loosen up.

Black Jack Gully



No comments:

Post a Comment