Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Weekend Away

Courtney, being the wonderful person that she is, invited me down to Lake Powell with a bunch of her friends from Vegas.  So thursday night I met up with her room mate Miriem, and Court's brother Nick and his buddy Kyle.  Miriem drove for a long ways and finally I took over because she had enough.  We arrived at around 12:30 a.m. and Court and her Dad, Mark, came to get us.  The houseboat was moored out in Gunsight canyon, so we made the short voyage out there.

The next day I awoke early... which was really annoying because I really wanted to sleep and no one woke up for another three hours.  I went for a hike and when I got back the fun started.  Wakeboarding, tubing, and swimming that was the menu that we stuck to.  
We went cliff jumping and I got a good backflip off this cliff... then I got it in my head that I wanted to double backflip off the sun deck (third floor) of the houseboat.  It didn't pan out so well.

Tubing was the funniest part of the trip.  Mark (Court's dad) had the highlight fall pulling the running man while flying through the air.  Nick killed it on the wakeboard.  Courtney was probably the most fun to watch out wakeboarding because she had on a permanent smile.

We got off the lake and headed home late sunday night.  I had Redbull to keep me company while everyone else slept.  We made good time (I learned Miriem's car do about 130 mph) and got back around 3:00 a.m. 

All in all everything about the trip was great.  I went down not really knowing anyone and I had an awesome time.  Thanks Court!



No comments:

Post a Comment