Sunday, June 21, 2009

Summer Games in Cedar.

Mason, Mike, and I left thursday night for the summer games in Cedar City.  Eric was to come down friday night for the race saturday.  Mason booked us a hotel that turned out to be awesome.  The complementary breakfast was something of a life saver.  Not to mention the waffles really hit the spot.

We woke up the next morning and lounged about until the Crit was to start.  The race was a flat course with pretty mellow turns.  The wind seemed to shift every couple laps and it was a 50 minute race.  All in all I had a horrible race... I am thinking the lack of biking and sleeping the whole week prior may have had something to do with it.  I ended up coming in 4th, but I got completely schooled by the first three.  

When we got into town the day before I noticed a Godfather's Pizza on the corner by our hotel.  Biking always makes for a huge appetite and all I could think about after the race was a "buffet".  After hitting the hot tub and catching some rays we picked up this kid, Parker, drove the course and then made our way to FOOD.  We pulled in... when I noticed the restaurant coming into town I failed to realize it had a large CLOSED sign in the window...  It basically shattered my world... the only other buffet in town was chinese. Not okay.

Saturday was the road race.  here is a clip of us on our way.
 
It was a great day for a race.  Perfect temperature with cloud cover.  The 60 mile course was a pretty mellow grind up over a pass and then we turned around and came back.  I was an idiot and didn't eat like I should have.  I didn't have a strong race at all but it made for a fun weekend.

Eric had a strong ride.  He finished 2nd over all and took the gold in our category.  Y'all can check out a clip of him on the UVU blog in my links.


No comments:

Post a Comment