Thursday, June 6, 2013

Angels Landing

After our time in Crawdad we hurried to Zion National Park to do the classic hike up Angels Landing. We were a little late but we made hit the trail with enough light to make the hike worth it. We talked as we went and took our time not realizing that I had misread the shuttle schedule... 

During the summer months the shuttle runs until 10 pm. Apparently the summer schedule was to start on Sunday, we were hiking on Saturday.  After being chased off the summit by a storm Dane and I ran down to catch the last shuttle and get the cars. The shuttle never came. Missing the shuttle resulted in my running a few miles to get back to the car. Luckily the some rangers picked me up before I got too tired. It was a fun night followed by a long search for a place to sleep.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment