Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Neena's first tour

A couple Saturday's back things were lining up for a good day to get some big lines I have had my eye on, but when Neena said she wanted to go for a tour I jumped at the chance. I called around trying to find a set up for her to use and before long, thanks to Caroline Gleich, we had everything we needed.

For those of you who don't know, Neena has Crohn's Disease. It is an auto immune disorder that causes her body to attack her digestive tract. There is no cure so over the past year we have been trying to find a treatment will work for her. This was the first time in months that she had expressed any desire to do something like this. 

We woke up and took our time getting to the hill. I decided a good first tour/summit for her would be Patsy Marley. We took our time stopping for snacks and even had a nice lunch. It was good to be out in the mountains together. Her endurance isn't where she would like it to be, but she was a champ and was determined to make the summit. 

Standing on top of Patsy Marley with her was a neat experience. It was our first summit together. The ski out was a little hard on her tired legs but she did great. It was an awesome experience to be able to spend the day doing what I love with my favorite person. 





No comments:

Post a Comment