Friday, November 11, 2011

Honeymoonin

The wedding was a blur... as we drove away from our family and friends it was an interesting feeling. Just us. The hustle and bustle was over and now we were on the other side of the fence. What now? People keep telling me that "real life" starts... most say "real life" with some sort of negative connotation referring to jobs and being tied down. That was something I have always been afraid of. I prefer to look at "real life" as my life with Neena. We will have adventures, we will learn new things together, and we will figure out sooner or later how to live the way we want, on our terms. That is what we are shooting for. Here is the first adventure we took as a married couple. 

We spent the first two nights in Deer Valley at the Chateaux at Silver Lake. The lobby was under construction so they upgraded us to a huge suite. During the wedding I had come down with a head cold and we pretty much just vegged the whole time we where up there. 

We left Sunday morning for Maui. This was another unusual feeling, this was the first long trip where it would just be Neena and I alone. It was fun just being able to be together and to go and do whatever we wanted... and that is what we did. We ended up eating a lot... well I did. Neena is the type to eat like four bites then she has me eat the rest. Since the honeymoon I try to get smaller portions for myself because I know I will be eating hers as well.

We did every touristy thing your could do. We went to a Luau, did the road to Hana, lava tubes, etc... everything that I normally wouldn't do on a trip, but I readily admit that they were all worth doing and I am glad Neena gets me out of my shell. The trip was courtesy of my Parents and I don't think I could ever thank them enough. It was great.


 

 
We ordered room service the first day. It was Neena's first time ever doing that and we had a great view.
The three bears.
Lava Tubes

Eating dinner at Bubba Gump. IT WAS GOOD!
This old bridge on the road to Hana was pretty awesome.
Cliff jumping was one of my favorite things on the trip. We had the place to ourselves for a while and it was fun just goofing around. There was a higher spot where you felt as if you were jumping off the road. It was a beautiful little spot.
 This was a great beach. It was right by the hotel.
 Luau


This was the infinity pool by at the hotel. Pretty amazing view.

No comments:

Post a Comment