Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Adventure awaits


Snow has fallen. This happy white layer that now blankets the ground will probably melt off, but looking up and seeing it makes me giddy. The cold air that has now settled in the valley feels good. The season is just around the corner.

My project this winter will consume a lot of my time and hopefully take me to all the places I have been staring at for years. Parker Cross and I hatched the idea of the Wasatch Summit Project. The goal is to climb and ride all the peaks in the Wasatch over 11,000 feet. These 22 peaks have been hanging in the distance during my entire life. Am I naive and overconfident that we can do all 22? Probably. Will avalanche conditions let us reach all the summits? What will this winter hold for us? I don't know. That is what is making me so excited for it.

It has been a long time since I have been this excited for winter. I am always excited for it, but for whatever reason this year I am already jumping out of my skin with anticipation.

No comments:

Post a Comment