Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Escapando


My arms begin to shake with strain as I try to hang onto a climb that is well above my ability. I yell as I go to make my next move. The sharp rock digs into my fingers and I find comfort in the little pinpricks of pain, knowing that I wont slip. My legs are shaking now and I have nothing left. It is time to just let go and call it a day...

This has been my experience with climbing this year. Robbie and Brett climbed all through the winter and have far surpassed where I am currently at with my climbing. I am hoping that I can get my lazy butt in shape so I can get back into harder routes. The goal for me is to be into 5. 12's by next spring.

I am hoping to give myself a graduation present. There is amazing climbing in Vietnam and I would really love to be able to climb hard and go out there.... Here is to hoping. The two goals are dependent on each other. No graduation=no Vietnam, No 5. 12's= no Vietnam....

Escape Buttress
We left after we had enough sun and went to Membrane for some shade.


This is why I want to go to Vietnam.... Look at all that limestone.
Borrowed the photo from: http://www.stylishandtrendy.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/Halong-Bay-Vietnam.jpg


No comments:

Post a Comment