Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Wolverine Cirque=heaven?


This may be one of the most amazing places I have ever been. There are so many possibilities it makes my brain roll around inside my skull just thinking about it. Yesterday morning my good friend, Eric Montandon, and I decided to go on a quick hike to check this place out. I had to be back by 1 p.m. for a Spanish test so we wouldn't have a ton of time to linger up in the Cirque. It was only one run, but I have never been so excited to go back to a spot. Needless to say I will be there again later this week.

Eric and I arrived up top pretty early so we just practiced with our avalanche beacons for a while until we were ready to drop into our lines. I had picked out this nice fairly steep chute and dropped in. I am not all that happy about how I rode it, but it was an amazingly fun piece of terrain. I took it a bit slower than I wanted to.

All the pictures are in reverse order because I am lazy this morning. I got up at 4:45 yesterday, so give me a break. The above picture is when Eric took a nice tumble.

Eric dropping into our chute.

Our line from above.

Such a nice morning.

We met up with this guy on the left, Baldwin, for the hike up. He is from Montana and is just visiting the area. It was nice to have him along for the walk.

Eric and Baldwin

Sunrise.

Our first glimpse of Wolverine.

Baldwin.

Eric

I love the sunrise.

1 comment: