Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The on snow demo at Snowbasin


You know that urgent feeling you get when you have to go to the bathroom really bad and the restroom door is locked? It is almost a panic but not quite. Sometimes it turns into panic when the worst is about to happen, but I am not talking about that, just the heavy anticipation of relief that you know you will find once inside. That's what riding the on snow demo is like. We show up with this huge itch to ride with all of your friends and try out all next year's product. Then you find the sweet relief once out ripping around and playing on one of the most fun mountains in Utah.

Todd, my brother, and I look forward to this day every year and yesterday we were not disappointed in any way, shape, or form. We "have" to go do this for work so we know what to tell people about the boards, but it ends up being a highlight of every season. One run in particular yesterday, my last, left me aching for more. It was the type of run that ended in high-fives and smiles. Thanks Snowbasin for being so awesome.

If you plan a trip to Utah to go have some fun in the snow, visit this place. It is so stupid nice you feel out of place going into the lodge in your snow clothes. You almost feel bad using the gold trimmed, marble bathrooms for fear of ruining something that looks so wonderful. We even hung out in the bathroom's sitting area for a little bit listening to some nice music from the 40's while we waited for someone.

All in all the demo was a success. We tried out a lot of boards and there is a lot to look forward to. Here below is some of the Forum line. I worked the second day of the demo with them just helping my friend Lyman out turning screws. My sister left on a mission to Baton Rouge today... It was a good thing for me to say goodbye this morning and not be there to drop her off. I think missions are great, I am proud of her for going, but at the same time I don't like it. She is my little sister. Worried and sad I won't see her for 18 months.


No comments:

Post a Comment