Monday, January 4, 2010

Backcountry Fail


Well... Today didn't turn out out I had anticipated. My plan was to head up and ride the bird in the morning and then go up and start building a jump for tomorrow across the canyon from Alta resort. I met up with Jeff and Kelly Jorgensen to ride and everything was going great. There were cookies and vitamin waters on the tram deck, we cruised around just hitting little side hits and finding little stashes of pow in the trees. Awesome.

I left to get to hiking just before 2 p.m. and it started out great. That is until I realized we have as much snow as we normally do in early December. I had a spot all picked out in my head and I hiked over to it and thought it looked great. Then I walked down into the landing... I was punching through to rock pretty easily so I decided to go look around some more but didn't find anything. I even started to build but it didn't really work out. So I headed down. This is what happened when I went to cruise down. I thought to my self, "yeah, I will film myself getting some slashes in the pow." When I hopped to drop in I hadn't done up my bindings tight at all and I just dug my nose in and fell on my face. Sorry for the swears but it was too funny not to post. I was all alone up in the mountains and this is what I did.



I am loving these sunsets.

No comments:

Post a Comment