Monday, August 3, 2009

Amidst a Move

We finally sold our home in Highland. This week was filled with the move and I was only able to get away for brief interludes (none of which having my camera in tow). In the shuffle of the move a friend called me asking for help with a group of young women who would be climbing. I decided I didn't want to sleep on the couch again so I headed up the canyon where I strung up the good ol' hammock and went to sleep.

I awoke the next morning meeting them and getting some climbs ready for the group. My friend Bob told me that he was driving up and heard on the radio that someone in their mid-twenties, camping alone, had committed suicide during that night in American Fork Canyon. He was kind of worried for a minute that it might be me. Don't worry, it wasn't.

The rest of the week involved more moving, and more training on my bike. I met Bob again for a ride Saturday up in Heber. It is such a beautiful area up there. Looks like I will have some good adventures this week to update, but in the meantime here is a recent article that the Herald Extra put out on Bob. It's a good read so check it out. Heres the link.

No comments:

Post a Comment